This was supposed to be a comics blog
…… annnnnnd Superman/Shazam: First Thunder in my cart and headed to checkout.
I’ve bought Abe Sapien: The Drowning.
Then I found a hardcover of vol 1 of the Adventures of Tintin for suuuuper cheap.
Which means I have money for one more.
I was tagged by femmebotnoir
1. If you could rename yourself (no matter how much you love your name), what would it be?
Hm. I’ve gotten called Boone and Bo before because of paperwork errors, but both of these feel like the cool aliases my hipper, smarter, more socially confident alter egos use.
My old store manager and one of my spanish profs used to call me molly all the time on accident. It was always too awkward to correct them. I guess I look like a Molly? Yeah. So, if I ever need to disappear, I’ll probably go by Molly.
2. If you could live in any television universe, what would it be?
Maybe…. Buffy? I’d probably die so fast if I lived in sunnydale. Ooh! Haven would be a pretty cool universe to explore. Other than that, probably just some mediocre crime drama that is the exact same as my current universe, only life is slightly shittier for everyone I know.
3. What novel(s) had a huge impact on your life? Not as in just what you like but what really changed the way you used to think.
This is such a good question. The first book that ever stopped me cold was Peter Rabbit. Holes was a big one, too. All of Tamora Pierces works were so important to me for a long long time. LOTR, but only The Two Towers. Then Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett, followed by Feet of Clay, Reaper Man, and Thud!
I also read As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner in high school and this is one of the works that completely changed my entire perspective on narrative and story telling. Scott Pilgrim was pretty eye-opening for me in terms of comics/graphic novels.
the most recent novel I’ve read that had wrinkled my brain was Austerlitz by W.G. Sebald. Seriously, such a rad book. If you have any interest in the Holocaust, the Kindertransport or European academia and books that challenge the way readers look at form and content, I highly suggest this guy.
4. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Cats. I’d just have cats.
5. What one historical event would you prevent after 1945?
I’m not sure I would.
6. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be and why?
I’d want to be able to be invisible. But a good kind of invisible, not a lame one. I wouldn’t want to have to get super special clothes or anything.
7. If you could be any superhero/supervillain for a day or two, who would you be and why?
I’m tempted to say tony stark just because I’d want to punch a few certain characters on the face and maybe get some therapy or something
8. What’s your favorite comedy?
Lysistrata, from Aristophanes
9. If you could write any television, movie or comic series then what would it be?
Prolly OUAT or the supernatural comic series that exists I guess, if only to try to fix some of the shit theyve put this poor show through
10. Would you work for Disney, Dreamwork or another animation company?
Heck yes. any excpet disney really, but as long as they were paying me, I’d learn to lick my elbows.
11. You and me are gonna go on holiday. Where would we go and why? (Feel free to bring other Tumbr people or not me! But I like holidays.)
Like, vacation-holidays? Hm. How do you feel about civil war battle sites? Or maybe greece and the Aegean?
I don’t really feel like writing my own questions… Here’s some questions from this depression quiz i found from google that i thought were closer to something you might ask during a round of speed dating
1. Do you have difficulty falling asleep at night?
2. How often do you feel tired and run-down?
3. In the last six months, have you gained a lot of weight or lost a lot (not due to dieting)?
4. Has your sex drive become seriously diminished?
5. Do you often feel that life is not worth living?
6. How would you rate your daily levels of stress and anxiety?
7. Do you experience any delusions or hallucinations?
8. Are you in a relationship?
9. What is your least-favorite season?
10. Did you have a learning disorder or ADHD as a child?
11. Do you try to avoid dealing with other people?
*You should maybe not think about this at all, and just ignore my questions and answer the ones I answered, because maybe that’s not a healthy thing for you to do right now
My Amazon account tells me I haven’t bought a trade since April.
As a reward for not crying when I had to work early and alone in CPD I’m going to buy some.
As soon as I make up my mind
any time now
only a few
Goddamn but October has some really nice trades coming out